Beth Duensing, mother of Libertarian activist Jim Duensing, posted the following comment on an Independent Political Report article about mandatory vaccinations in light of the Measles outbreak in California. The Saturnalian does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in this commentary.
This letter was sent to a principal that was kicking out unvaccinated kids from a school in Michigan. The letter was written by and the list of vaccine research and resources was compiled by Mary Tocco, Director of Vaccine Research for Michigan Opposing Mandatory Vaccines.
I am very sad to hear that you are discriminating against parents who have made informed vaccine decisions that are different from yours. As Americans we have the right to choose the form of “healthcare” we want to use to promote the health of our families. This is a huge media propaganda scheme and you are either part of the solution or you are the problem.
Everyone I grew up with had measles, chickenpox, mumps and other normal childhood illnesses and NO ONE DIED!
By reacting like you are, you are admitting that vaccines fail to protect!
You are in a position of influence where you are accountable for what you demand of others.
What if you are wrong? Here are peer reviewed journal scientific research articles about the dangers of vaccines. If you are ethical and honest, you will look these over and consider the other side of this issue.
- Over and again, the media sadly misstates that the autism/vaccine debate is due to one faulty research paper that was released years ago and then retracted. Well, they are all sadly mistaken. Here is a collection of 96 peer-reviewed articles linking vaccines to neurodevelopmental delay http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.com/…/no-evidence-of-any…
- Then consider that our government has compensated at least 83 cases of autism from vaccine injury: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/859234
- And that finally the Italian court was brave enough to rule in a landmark case that vaccines caused autism Recent Italian Court Decisions on Vaccines and Autism – AGE OF AUTISM
- Also, it is said that the “anti-vaccine” viewpoint is unscientific and unsubstantiated. Here is another collection of about 100 peer-reviewed, published medical papers, all indicating that vaccines are indeed detrimental to health: http://www.cmsri.org/published-research/
- The outbreaks of measles are always blamed on the unvaccinated. However, the science shows time and again that the real problem is the ineffectiveness of the measles vaccines.
Measles Outbreaks in Highly Vaccinated Populations (there are many more)
- Furthermore, the failure our US Measles Program was confirmed in 2012 by Dr. Poland, Professor of Medicine and founder and leader of Mayo Clinic’s Vaccine Research Group) The Re-Emergence of Measles in Developed Countries:Time to Develop the Next-Generation Measles Vaccines?
He said, “I’m no anti-vaxxer but the measles vaccine can’t prevent outbreaks, it is a dud.”
- Outbreaks of Various Infectious Illnesses in Highly Vaccinated Populations: http://www.vaccinationnews.org/…/outbreaks_in_highly_vaccin…
- Recipients of Acellular Pertussis Vaccine Spread Disease http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24277828
(people who get the vaccine are carriers and can spread the disease)
- Recent Pertussis Outbreak, All Fully Vaccinated http://boston.cbslocal.com/…/whooping-cough-outbreak-on-ca…/
Facts: Last 10 years there have been 1,564 measles cases in the US and 0 deaths.
The Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VEARS) has reported 83 deaths and paid out hundred of thousands in damages.
Mercury (thimerosal, ethylmercury) and vaccinations leading to autism:
- “Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 2007 With no warning, recall, or ban of mercury in vaccines and other drugs as of yet, the victim of this mandated, unwarranted, and massive mercury exposure is still an unsuspecting public, and most especially its unborn and newborn children.”
- 2008 – International Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine -Autism “Biological findings in autism that are consistent with mercury poisoning include elevated oxidative stress, depleted levels of glutathione, neuro-chemical irregularities, gastro-intestinal distress, immune dysregulation and generalized and neural inflammation. All of these are also well documented effects of mercury poisoning and, specifically, mercury poisoning in infants … Autism is a modern disease. The existing scientific literature provides grounds for strong suspicion that mercury plays a causal role in the development of autism. Health authorities worldwide should move without hesitation to ban and remove all mercury in all medical products at the earliest possible date.”
- 2009 – Behavioral and Brain Functions – “A disruption of the glutathione system by mercury leads to GSH depletion and cell destruction. .. Glutathione depletion is linked to several neurodegenerative disorders.”
- 2009 – NeuroToxicology – None-the-less, the developing brain is considered the most vulnerable organ to mercury exposure, it is possible that exposure to ethyl mercury may adversely affect the emerging brainstem function … trace + trace + trace = toxic exposure
- EPA estimates- 1 in 6 children (up to 630,000 children per year) born in US has unsafe blood levels of mercury at birth (Mahaffey, 2004) These levels are high enough to cause a decline in IQ at an estimated annual cost of 8.7 billion (Trasande, 2005)
Vaccines causing Demyelination (seizures and brain injury)
- Herroelen, L et al, “Central-Nervous-System Demyelination After Immunization with Recombinant Hepatitis B Vaccine”, Lancet, Nov 9, 1991, 338(8776):1174-1175.
- Kaplanski G, Retornaz F, Durand J, Soubeyrand J, “Central nervous system demyelination after vaccination against hepatitis B and HLA haplotype.” J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1995 Jun; 58(6):758-759.
- Matyszak MK, Perry VH, “Demyelination in the central nervous system following a delayed-type hypersensitivity response to bacillus Calmette-Guerin.” Neuroscience 1995 Feb;64(4):967-977.
- Tornatore CS, Richert JR, “CNS demyelination associated with diploid cell rabies vaccine.” Lancet 1990 Jun 2;335(8701):1346-1347.
- Adams, JM et al, “Neuromyelitis Optica: Severe Demyelination Occurring Years After Primary Smallpox Vaccinations”, Rev Roum Neurol, 1973, 10:227-231.
Vaccines and Sudden Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Na, “DPT Vaccination and Sudden Infant Death – Tennessee, US Dept HEW, MMWR Report, Mar 23, 1979, vol 28(11): 132.
- Arevalo, “Vaccinia Necrosum. Report on a Fatal Case”, Bol Ofoc Sanit Panamer, Aug 1967, 63:106-110.
- Connolly, J H, Dick, G W, Field, CM, “A Case of Fatal Progressive Vaccinia”, Brit Med Jour, 12 May 1962; 5288:1315-1317.
- Aragona, F, “Fatal Acute Adrenal Insufficiency Caused by Bilateral Apoplexy of the Adrenal Glands (WFS) following Anti-poliomyelitis Vaccination”, Minerva Medicolegale, Aug 1960; 80:167-173.
- Moblus, G et al, “Pathological-Anatomical Findings in Cases of Death Following Poliomyelitis and DPT Vaccination”, Dtsch Gesundheitsw, Jul 20, 1972, 27:1382-1386.
- NA, “Immunizations and Cot Deaths”, Lancet, Sept 25, 1982, np.
- Goetzeler, A, “Fatal Encephalitis after Poliomyelitis Vaccination”, 22 Jun 1961, Muenchen Med Wschr, 102:1419-1422.
- Fulginiti, V, “Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, Diphtheria-Tetanus Toxoid-Pertussis Vaccination and Visits to the Doctor: Chance Association or Cause and Effect?”, Pediatr Infect Disorder, Jan-Feb 1983, 2(1): 7-11.
Vaccines and Diabetes:
- Sinaniotis, et al, “Diabetes Mellitus after Mumps Vaccination”, Arc Dis Child, 1975, 50:749.66
- Polster, H, “Diabetes insipidus after Smallpox vaccination”, Z Aerztl Fortbild (Jena), 1 Apr 1966, 60:429-432.
- Patan, “Postvaccinal Severe Diabetes Mellitus”, Ter Arkh, Jul 1968, 40:117-118.
- Classen, JB, MD, “The Timing of Immunization Affects The Development of Diabetes in Rodents”, Autoimmunity, 1996, 24:137-145.
- Classen JB, “The diabetes epidemic and the hepatitis B vaccines,” N Z Med J, 109(1030):366 1996 Sep 27. [letter]
- Classen JB, “Childhood immunisation and diabetes mellitus,” N Z Med J, 109(1022):195 1996 May 24 [letter]
- Poutasi K, ” Immunisation and diabetes,” N Z Med J 1996 Jul 26;109(1026):283. [letter; comment]
- Dokheel, T M, “An Epidemic of Childhood Diabetes in the United States? Evidence from ….”, Diabetes Care, 1993, 16:1606-1611.
- Parent ME, et al, “Bacille Calmette-Guerin vaccination and incidence of IDDM in Montreal, Canada,” Diabetes Care 1997 May; 20(5):767-772.
- House DV, Winter WE, “Autoimmune diabetes. The role of auto-antibody markers in the prediction and prevention of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus,” Clin Lab Med 1997 Sep; 17(3):499-545.
- Zeigler, M et al , “[Autoantibodies in type 1 diabetes mellitus]” Z Arztl Fortbild (Jena). 1994 Aug; 88(7-8):561-5
Vaccines and Deafness:
- Kaga, “Unilateral Total Loss of Auditory and Vestibular Function as a Complication of Mumps Vaccination”, Int J Ped Oto, Feb 1998, 43(1):73-73
- Nabe-Nielsen, Walter, “Unilateral Total Deafness as a Complication of the Measles- Mumps- Rubella Vaccination”, Scan Audio Suppl, 1988, 30:69-70
- Hulbert, et al, “Bilateral Hearing Loss after Measles and Rubella Vaccination in an Adult”, NEJM, 1991 July, 11;325(2):134
- Healy, “Mumps Vaccine and Nerve Deafness”, Am J Disorder Child, 1972 Jun; 123(6):612
- Jayarajan, Sedler, “Hearing Loss Following Measles Vaccination”, J Infect, 1995 Mar; 30(2):184-185
- Pialoux, P et al, “Vaccinations and Deafness”, Ann Otolaryng (Paris), Dec 1963, 80:1012-1013.
- Angerstein, W, et al, “Solitary Hearing and Equilibrium Damage After Vaccinations”, Gesundheitswesen, May 1995, 57(5): 264-268.
- Brodsky, Stanievich, “Sensorineural Hearing Loss Following Live Measles Virus Vaccination”, Int J Ped Oto, 1985 Nov; 10(2):159-163
- Koga, et al, “Bilateral Acute Profound Deafness After MMR Vaccination- Report of a Case”, Nippon Jibiin Gakkai Kai, 1991 Aug;94(8):1142-5
- Seiferth, LB, “Deafness after Oral Poliomyelitis Vaccination – a Case Report and Review”, HNO, 1977 Aug; 25(8): 297-300
- Pantazopoulos, PE, “Perceptive Deafness Following Prophylactic use of Tetanus anittoxin”, Laryngoscope, Dec 1965, 75:1832-1836.
- Zimmerman, W, “Observation of a case of Acute Bilateral Hearing Impairment Following Preventive Poliomyelitis Vaccination (type 3)”, Arch Ohr Nas Kehlkopfheilk, 1965, 185:723-725.
Vaccines and Encephalopathy (Brain inflammation/injury):
- Iwasa, S et al, “Swelling of the Brain in Mice Caused by Pertussis … Quantitative Determination and the Responsibility of the Vaccine”, Jpn J Med Sci Biol, 1985 , 38(2):53-65.
- Mathur R, Kumari S, “Bulging fontanel following triple vaccine.” Indian Pediatr 1981 Jun;18(6):417-418.
- Barry W, Lenney W, Hatcher G, “Bulging fontanelles in infants without meningitis.” Arch Dis Child 1989 Apr;64(4):635-636.
- Shendurnikar N, “Bulging fontanel following DPT” Indian Pediatr 1986 Nov;23(11):960.
- Gross TP, Milstien JB, Kuritsky JN, “Bulging fontanelle after immunization with diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine and diphtheria-tetanus vaccine.” J Pediatr 1989 Mar;114(3):423-425.
- Jacob J, Mannino F, “Increased intracranial pressure after diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis immunization.” Am J Dis Child 1979 Feb;133(2):217-218.
- Dugmore, WN, “Bilateral Oedema at the Posterior Pole. Hypersensitivity Reaction to Alavac P injection.” Br J Ophthalmol, Dec 1972, 55:848-849.
Vaccines and Kidney Disease:
- Jacquot, C et al, “Renal Risk in Vaccination”, Nouv Presse Med, Nov 6, 1982, 11(44):3237-3238.
- Giudicelli, et al, “Renal Risk in Vaccination”, Presse Med, Jun 11, 1982, 12(25):1587-1590.
- Tan, SY, et al, “Vaccine Related Glomerulonephritis”, BMJ, Jan 23, 1993, 306(6872):248.
- Pillai, JJ, et al, “Renal Involvement in Association with Post-vaccination Varicella”, Clin Infect Disorder, Dec 1993, 17(6): 1079-1080.
- Eisinger, AJ et al, “Acute Renal Failure after TAB and Cholera Vaccination”, B Med J, Feb 10, 1979, 1(6160):381-382.
- Silina, ZM, et al, “Causes of Postvaccinal Complications in the Kidneys in Young Infants”, Pediatria, Dec 1978, (12):59-61.
- Na, “Albuminurias”, Concours Med, Mar 1964, 85:5095-5098. [vaccination adverse reactions]
- Oyrl, A, et al, “Can Vaccinations Harm the Kidney?”, Clin Nephrol, 1975, 3(5):204-205.
- Mel’man Nia, “[Renal lesions after use of vaccines and sera].” Vrach Delo 1978 Oct;(10):67-9, [Article in Russian]
- Silina ZM, Galaktionova TIa, Shabunina NR, “[Causes of postvaccinal complications in the kidneys in young infants].” Pediatriia 1978 Dec;(12):59-61, [Article in Russian]
- Silina EM, et al, “[Some diseases of the kidneys in children during the 1st year of life, following primary smallpox vaccination and administration of pertusis-diphtheria-tetanus vaccine].” Vopr Okhr Materin Det 1968 Mar; 13(3):79-80, [Article in Russian]
Vaccines and Lymphoma (cancer):
- Bichel, “Post-vaccinial Lymphadenitis Developing into Hodgkin’s Disease”, Acta Med Scand, 1976, Vol 199, p523-525.
- Stewart, AM, et al, “Aetiology of Childhood Leukaemia”, Lancet, 16 Oct, 1965, 2:789-790. [Listed under Vaccine Adverse Reactions.]
- Glathe, H et al, “Evidence of Tumorigenic Activity of Candidate Cell Substrate in Vaccine Production by the Use of Anti-Lymphocyte Serum”, Development Biol Std, 1977, 34:145-148.
- Bolognesi, DP, “Potential Leukemia Virus Subunit Vaccines: Discussion”, Can Research, Feb 1976, 36(2 pt 2):655-656.
- Colon, VF, et al, “Vaccinia Necrosum as a Clue to Lymphatic Lymphoma”, Geriatrics, Dec 1968, 23:81-82.
- Park-Dincsoy, H et al, “Lymphoid Depletion in a case of Vaccinia Gangrenosa”, Laval Med, Jan 1968, 39:24-26.
- Hugoson, G et al, “The Occurrence of Bovine Leukosis Following the Introduction of Babesiosis Vaccination”, Bibl Haemat, 1968, 30:157-161.
- Hartstock, , “”Post-vaccinial Lymphadenitis: Hyperplasia of Lymphoid Tissue That Simulates Malignant Lymphomas”, Apr 1968, Cancer, 21(4):632-649.
- Allerberger, F, “An Outbreak of Suppurative Lymphadenitis Connected with BCG Vaccination in Austria- 1990/1991,” Am Rev Respir Disorder, Aug 1991, 144(2) 469.
- Omokoku B, Castells S, “Post-DPT inoculation cervical lymphadenitis in children.” N Y State J Med 1981 Oct;81(11):1667-1668.
Vaccines and Seizures – Convulsions:
- Hirtz DG, Nelson KB, Ellenberg J H, “Seizures following childhood immunizations”, Pediatr 1983 Jan; 102(1):14-18.
- Cherry JD, Holtzman AE, Shields WD, Buch D, Nielsen, “Pertussis immunization and characteristics related to first seizures in infants and children,”J Pediatr 1993 Jun;122(6):900-903.
- Coplan J, “Seizures following immunizations,” J Pediatr 1983 Sep;103(3):496.
- Barkin RM, Jabhour JT, Samuelson J S, “Immunizations, seizures, and subsequent evaluation,” JAMA 1987 Jul 10;258(2):201.
- Griffin MR, et al, “Risk of seizures after measles-mumps-rubella immunization,” Pediatrics 1991 Nov;88(5):881-885.
- Griffin MR, et al, “Risk of seizures and encephalopathy after immunization with the diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine,” JAMA 1990 Mar 23-30;263(12):1641-1645.
- Cizewska S, Huber Z, Sluzewski W, “[Prophylactic inoculations and seizure activity in the EEG],” Neurol Neurochir Pol 1981 Sep-Dec;15(5-6):553-557. [Article in Polish]
- Huttenlocher PR, Hapke RJ, “A follow-up study of intractable seizures in childhood.” Ann Neurol 1990 Nov; 28(5):699-705.
- Blumberg DA, “Severe reactions associated with diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine: detailed study of children with seizures, hypotonic-hypo-responsive episodes, high fevers, and persistent crying.”Pediatrics 1993 Jun; 91(6):1158-1165.
- Prensky AL, et al, “History of convulsions and use of pertussis vaccine,” J Pediatr 1985 Aug; 107(2):244-255.
- Baraff LJ, “Infants and children with convulsions and hypotonic-hypo-responsive episodes following diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis immunization: follow-up evaluation,” Pediatrics 1988 Jun; 81(6):789-794.
- Jacobson V, “Relationship of pertussis immunization to the onset of epilepsy, febrile convulsions and central nervous system infections: a retrospective epidemiologic study,” Tokai J Exp Clin Med 1988;13 Suppl: 137-142.
- Cupic V,et al, “[Role of DTP vaccine in the convulsive syndromes in children],” Lijec Vjesn 1978 Jun; 100(6):345-348. [Article in Serbo-Croatian (Roman)]
- Pokrovskaia NIa, “[Convulsive syndrome in DPT vaccination (a clinico-experimental study)],” Pediatriia 1983 May;(5):37-39. [Article in Russian]
- Ballerini, Ricci, B, et al, “On Neurological Complications of Vaccination, With Special Reference to Epileptic Syndromes,” Riv Neurol, Jul-Aug 1973, 43:254-258.
- Wolf SM, Forsythe A, “Epilepsy and mental retardation following febrile seizures in childhood,” Acta Paediatr Scand 1989 Mar;78(2):291-295.
Vaccines and Skin Disorders:
- Illingsworth R, “Skin rashes after triple vaccine,” Arch Dis Child 1987 Sep; 62(9):979.
- Lupton GP, “Discoid lupus erythematosus occurring in a smallpox vaccination scar,” J Am Acad Dermatol, 1987 Oct; 17(4):688-690.
- Kompier, A J, “Some Skin Diseases caused by Vaccinia Virus [Smallpox],” Ned Milt Geneesk T, 15:149-157, May 1962.
- Weber, G et al, “Skin Lesions Following Vaccinations,” Deutsch Med Wschr, 88:1878-1886, S7 Sept 1963.
- Copeman, P W, “Skin Complications of Smallpox Vaccination,” Practitioner, 197:793-800, Dec 1966.
- Denning, DW, et al, “Skin Rashes After Triple Vaccine,” Arch Disorder Child, May 1987, 62(5): 510-511.
This list was compiled by Mary Tocco, Director of Vaccine Research for Michigan Opposing Mandatory Vaccines, to help those who are blind-sided by all the propaganda in the media, deceived by the CDC, the Institute of Medicine and the American Pediatric Association. You have my permission to copy and share with every parent you know so that we can stop the criminal acts of violence on our citizens.